|Focal Length||17 to 55mm|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-S|
|Angle of View||78° 30′ to 27° 50′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.15′ / 35 cm|
|Optical Design||19 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
27.2-88mm (35mm Equivalent)
Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
Two UD and Three Aspherical Elements
Super Spectra Coating
Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
Optical Image Stabilizer
Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
A tremendously flexible standard zoom for APS-C-format DSLRs, the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM from Canon pairs the 27.2-88mm equivalent focal length range with a bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture. Benefitting this design is a sophisticated optical layout, which includes both Ultra-Low Dispersion glass and aspherical elements to significantly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the zoom range. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast when working in bright environments.
Beyond the optical attributes, this 17-55mm is also characterized by its advanced three stop-effective Image Stabilizer system to minimize the appearance of camera shake. Also complementing handling is a sophisticated ring-type USM, which provides quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Versatile wide-angle to portrait-length zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs and offers a 27.2-88mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Three aspherical elements minimize spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to three shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing design and optimized focusing algorithms, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
*Please call before visiting. Call කර පැමිණීමට කාරුණික වන්න. We do not accept any reservations of any equipment via phone calls. දුරකථන ඇමතුම් මඟින් කිසිදු උපකරණයක් වෙන් කරවා ගත නොහැක.